Go Back   Dub's Pub > The Discourses > US Politics

Old 02-04-2022, 04:55 PM

Default Religious Hypocrisy

I'm referring to this article.

I have several questions.

1. How backward and ignorant does a school district, two schools, and all of the teachers within that school, have to be in order to not realize that any mandatory religious practice is not just illegal, but also moral and ethically wrong?

2. Does anyone here think that no teacher or student said something about it not being okay to make students go to a religious function during school? I certainly don't believe that's the case. The specific school (Huntington, which is one of two discussed in the article) has 1600 students and over 100 full-time, college educated (mostly - some more than college) faculty. I am pretty confident someone gave a warning about this. That warning was ignored or dismissed. How does that happen in a modern high school environment?

3. Where are all the people that usually complain about atheism being discussed as a mandatory part of school? Why are they not complaining about this too?

4. Why is any amount of school time being taken from students for religious assemblies? If a student wants to take a few minutes to go pray or whatever, that's something I ope is respected (for example, they can pray during passing periods and such). An assembly that takes time out of the day specifically to benefit one religious belief system however, seems like the kind of thing that leads to others pushing back and then infringing on actual, honest religious rights. Does anyone see this differently?

This seems fundamentally dishonest to me, and highly hypocritical. Can someone link me to the Fox News article condemning this action, please?

I'd love to see some answers to this, or to hear additional ideas and thoughts I have not considered.