Go Back   Dub's Pub > The Discourses > US Politics

Old 03-13-2022, 10:11 AM

Default 2020 Census

The question arose recently of the accuracy and integrity of the 2020 census. Here is a new article about that.

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/10/10837...=pocket-newtab
Old 03-27-2022, 12:01 PM

Thank you very much for this correction to my understanding. I believe the original question was, "Could we trust the census given that it was conducted with the Trump administration meddling in it to try to rig it?"

My answer was that although they had tried to skew the census, it largely resisted those attempts and remained relatively unaffected thanks to bureaucrats who cared about their work.

That was the most recent information I had at the time from reliable sources.

This source from the Census Bureau states the following at the bottom of the page:

Quote:
Every way we’ve analyzed the 2020 Census — through our extensive reviews during data processing, by comparing the numbers to population benchmarks, and looking at the operations — the census data are high quality and are fit to use for redistricting. In fact, the quality of the 2020 Census data is quite remarkable amid all the challenges we faced last year.

This entry was posted on July 28, 2021 and filed under 2020 Census, COVID-19, Children, Congressional Apportionment, Director, Disclosure Avoidance, Group Quarters, Occupant Characteristics, Race, Redistricting and Voting & Registration.
This new information sheds light on that for me, and I acknowledge that it appears that Trump and his administration did potentially significantly alter the census in impactful ways.

I'm now far more skeptical of that statement than I previously was. I will continue to watch this circumstance unfold and attempt to keep my mind, and eyes, open to new compelling and credible information on it.

Please let us know if you find anything else about this.