Go Back   Dub's Pub > The Discourses > Local Politics

Old 02-05-2022, 08:39 AM

Default Boebert: Constitution is not Evolving

Several of us banded together to read the Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, and are now working our way through the Federalist Papers. We're on No. 54!

Apparently, Boebert skipped all that.

She says that the Constitution is not evolving and that to do so would spit in the face of the founders. I think she believes this works the same as her magical holy book, where we all pretend that it was created perfectly despite obvious and disgusting flaws, and then as a matter of stubborn mindlessness, refuse to make any deviations from it instead of doing what is morally and ethically right.

Here's an article on the latest instance of public ignorance (and part of the problem with misinformation in our nation as a whole, I feel).

Why do so many people - and I'll be blunt here that it's usually Republicans in my experience - seem to think that the founders were somehow divinely inspired?

Why do so many think that the Constitution is a work of holy scripture that should never be questioned or changed?

Why do so many people talk about the Constitution as though they understand it, when, like the Bible they also profess to know, they haven't even bothered to read it?

Last edited by Geo; 02-05-2022 at 08:51 AM.