Thread: Civil War?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 02:52 PM

I don't think a civil war requires the military to engage. Our law enforcement offices are all militarized anyway. I don't think there'd be a need for military intervention. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be utilized unnecessarily, but I don't think it would be needed.

Quote:
All of the people that I have questioned about this fall into a few camps:
How many people is that?

Groups 1 and 2 of your crazy train seem to largely overlap. I've heard (or read) some of these people too. I also often wonder how many Russian robots are out there pretending (quite well) to be one of these people, but whose only role is to exacerbate and inflame tensions.

Since groups (and I see this on the left as well, but I see it much more on the right) don't seem to be smart enough or willing enough to stop using vitriol, false narratives, lies and attacks in their discourse, it works suprisingly well when other countries come and try to stir up trouble using robots. What does that tell us when the robot spammers seem to be identical in substance and intellect to the people that post their hate filled comments all over the Internet?

Quote:
3) *If Trump is reelected, the Lefties will resort to domestic terrorism, and we better be ready.* These guys seem harmless to me.
Not to me. I think this group, even though not an active and current threat, are pretty easy to mobilize. Essentially this is what happened at Malheur if I understand correctly. A bunch of these harmless dystopian prepper groups finally found a cause that a couple dozen of them got mobilized by.

I think these people are dangerous. They're land mines; not actively exploding, but pretty easy to set off.

Quote:
4) *If Trump is removed, we will have to shoot Lefties until he is reinstated to placate us.* IMHO, these are the dangerous guys. These are the domestic terrorists waiting for an excuse.
Agreed.

Quote:
A minority of them actually think you can just murder people until the law and the military just give up and make your choice President, because that is obviously easier and better than doing the jobs they were hired and trained for and hunting down criminals and terrorists.
I think they talk a lot, but I don't think very many of them mean it. The problem is that their kids, friends, or whomever else they are talking to might believe them and start being true believers themselves. It is entirely possible for someone who knows they are full of crap to talk others into genuinely believing in whatever fiction they create. See notes on L. Ron Hubbard or Joseph Smith for details.

As more people buy in to these beliefs, and they become more bold, they also become more dangerous.

Quote:
The more dangerous ones are the ones that ... aspire to be Tim McVeigh or David Koresh.
Some of those people are mentally ill. Some of those people are in group 3 or 4 of your post though, and just haven't been motivated yet.

Quote:
I can only hope that the authorities are already looking for these guys, that they have already infiltrated their organizations and are already monitoring their communications. Which frightens me, because it's like actually hoping that Big Brother is watching.
We can hope.