Thread: Thursday Coffee
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 11:56 AM

Next meeting: Thursday, 23 January, 2020 at 6:30 PM MST.

Importantly, update your time zone in your user settings so the calendar shows the correct time and day.

Pass the Hat
Stays on the list. Just as a general thing. It's not a big deal, but I don't mind having it on there. There's no intention to harp on it, but it should remain there. There are items for the community that do require more than elbow grease to obtain.

This should just stay on each week's list.

The Landing Page
Should stay on the list until it's resolved. That thing is a giant wall of rhetoric.

Immigration
Is on the list. We are waiting for Wulfgard to clarify assertions on crime rates and immigrants. Specifically it was asserted that the majority of violent crimes committed over some length of time in Denmark were perpetrated by immigrants (as opposed to the native population). It was a really high number that was asserted as well.

Iran
We were going to try to find out what kinds of missiles and airstrikes Iran used such that no US personnel were harmed. The consensus seemed to be that we all wondered where Iran managed to get the ability to drop precision bombs in the middle of populated areas without killing anyone (seemingly on purpose). This was my homework, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Iran's Tasnim News Agency reported that the IRGC used Fateh-313 and Qiam ballistic missiles in the attack and claimed that U.S. forces failed to intercept them because they were equipped with cluster warheads.

Source.
Health Care
What percentage of people (presumably US only) do not currently have health care? This was supposed to be researched. I will try to find this.

It's currently estimated at 8.5%, which is up .5% over the previous year. This is about on par with the increase from 2018. This number had not increased since the passage of the Affordable Care Act until 2018.

Brain Differences
Someone wanted to see studies on the differences between a "liberal" and a "conservative" brain. I will try to bring these. Here's a link to a conversation about these brain differences. You can play the audio if it's available at the top of the page.

Last edited by Publius; 01-23-2020 at 12:09 AM.