View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
I didn't have time to read every news outlet that exists for this topic myself. Maybe someone else did. I do know I watch the major news stories from several of the major outlets, and I have not seen an article of this nature on CNN, The Hill, MSNBC, BBC or Al Jazeera. I have also only seen one article about it on Fox.

Perhaps you could provide some links if you feel there are articles we should be taking into consideration but that we're currently unaware of?
I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt here, so I went ahead and looked.

There are a couple of articles I found about it:

Politico
Politico again
NPR

Let me say that if someone wants to make an assertion, they should provide links that support that assertion. A point is best substantiated with evidence, after all.

Not just because it's the proper thing to do, but because it prevents anyone from feeling like someone has slighted them without a good reason.

There is a lot of news in our world. Not everyone is going to be scanning every sight for every possible story.

In this case, it still seems likely that the Senate won't even hold a real trial. It also seems like the needle has not moved on Iowa for two years, and that the last three weeks are unlikely to see much change either.

This is particularly true of the candidates who really probably ought to be gone already, such as Booker or Klobuchar who aren't even in the discussion, really.

A Senate impeachment might take some of the time from some of the candidates. So do accusations about illegal cover-ups in Ukraine for the non-senate candidate (Biden). I think it would take a lot to substantiate that this was a case of intentional sabotage and not a case of actual impeachment.