View Single Post
Old 12-17-2019, 09:49 AM

Some excellent thought from both of the above. Here's my take:

If you believe that the President is trying to fix the upcoming election (and you don't want him to win re-election) then you must impeach in this situation, even if you believe the impeachment will fail. To do otherwise is essentially to throw away the election, because you are opening the door to every foreign power to throw their hat into our political ring.

If you don't believe that the President is trying to rig the election but others are, your only choice is to pass legislation to prevent it, which McConnell is currently blocking. To protect the election, you must remove McConnell or the President through impeachment.

If impeachment fails in the Senate, and the Senate does not put on at least a good show of fairness, literally millions of people will turn more strongly against the GOP than they are, because it will look like (even more of) a sham than attempting to remove the President in the first place.

The Democrats are making the best of a no-win scenario, IMHO.

Regardless, even if there is no underlying crime, the attempt by the President to delay and stonewall impeachment is in itself impeachable and in my opinion something worth removal.

After Andrew Yang wins the Presidency, I don't want him feeling like he can attempt crap like that.